Fiction Master
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Made for Martin By, Samantha Lovern Chapter 1 & 2 Romance

2 posters

Go down

Made for Martin  By, Samantha Lovern Chapter 1 & 2 Romance Empty Made for Martin By, Samantha Lovern Chapter 1 & 2 Romance

Post  Samantha Lovern Thu Apr 19, 2012 4:45 pm

I hope everyone got their free ebook, if not let me know and I"ll run it free again.

I had over 9000 downloads so I'm sure that some of you got one. Smile

Again if you didn't get one just contact me through the site www.samanthalovern.com and I'll see to it that you get to finish the book in e-form some how. I will announce here and on the website when the book goes free again.

Thanks for all of the downloads.
Samantha

Sorry I had to pull most of these chapters, the book is being published. Learn when it will be free at my web site www.samanthalovern.com

The book is free on Amazon Jan 7th and will be free other days too, sorry for the inconvenience, learn more on my website about future free days.
http://www.amazon.com/Maid-for-Martin-ebook/dp/B00AWROU34/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1357423030&sr=8-1&keywords=Maid+for+Martin
Introduction (blurb)
Martin Harrison is having issues with his live-in love, Celia Carson. She’s not supporting his acting career. Also, the upcoming Christmas party is stressing their relationship. And Randi Sanders, a new live-in maid, is making him feel like he hasn’t felt in years.

But, Randi has no idea who she’s dealing with. She doesn’t see him as Martin Harrison the actor, but as Mike the limo driver. How will Martin end his relationship with Celia while exploring his feelings with Randi? Can he keep his true identity hidden? Will Randi hate him when she finds out he isn’t just another employee, but her employer, and the owner of one of the finest mansions in Hollywood?

As his family and Celia’s start arriving, it gets harder and harder to keep
Randi from learning the truth. He might be able to keep his secrets from
the staff, but what about the two women in his life? And what about his mother? She’ll see through his antics in a heartbeat, forcing him to face the truth he’s been denying.

Is Randi the real thing, or just an illusion of what he hopes to have someday? Is she a woman who wants Martin Harrison for the things his acting career can provide, or is she a woman that will want him for the man he has become?

Last edited by Samantha Lovern on Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:26 pm; edited 10 times in total (Reason for editing : added chapter two)
Samantha Lovern
Samantha Lovern

Contribution : 4481

http://www.samanthalovern.con

Back to top Go down

Made for Martin  By, Samantha Lovern Chapter 1 & 2 Romance Empty Re: Made for Martin By, Samantha Lovern Chapter 1 & 2 Romance

Post  Vagrance Sun May 20, 2012 1:29 am

Okay, time to make good on a promise. To my mild surprise, I didn't regret making it. The funny thing is, I would've been more open-minded about this work had it not been labeled as romance but as general.

Anyway, on to the review, which will be no doubt tinted by bias (apologies in advance)...

Style: simple and succinct; I thought there was quite a bit of "telling" rather than "showing", especially in chapter 2.

Characters: Randi came out better because she was built upon by interaction; as I stated before, quite a bit of "telling", little of "showing", and for me, this applied largely to Martin. Perhaps such detail can be inserted in snippets?

That's about all I can say....hope you found it helpful. Romance is so wasted on me.

Vagrance

Contribution : 4568

http://www.fictionpress.com/u/375695/Vagrance

Back to top Go down

Made for Martin  By, Samantha Lovern Chapter 1 & 2 Romance Empty Thanks!

Post  Samantha Lovern Tue May 22, 2012 9:59 pm

Hey thanks, this is a first draft so input is helpful.

To be honest I've kind of just tossed a lot of the stuff I learned over the past four years into the trash on this one. I kept all of the pov intact but went with the scene even if it was telling. I'll try to see if I can add some more dialogue with Martin. Then again I just loved that alone time with him. LOL!!

I think sometimes we follow the rules to closely, and be honest if someone hadn't drilled into your head it was telling, would you have even noticed it, or would you have just read it and felt the personal alone time as just that his personal thoughts. I agree some telling is boring, did you find it boring or again did you just know it was telling because you were taught that it was telling. I think we writers need to be mindful of the rules, but also try to think a little more like a reader.

Has a reader even ever heard of the word telling. Now I know I'm going to ruffle some feathers, and I'm sure Ive corrected folks on the same thing. I'm just saying I'm trying to make up my mind about some things with this novel. It's a test of sorts to see if the readers flog me for telling and not showing, or if they just gobble it up and wait for the next book or chapter... Smile

Sorry you don't like romance but thanks for the try. It's not all romance but it is based around Martin and Randi and the fact they are falling in love and it's not really good timing.

Thanks again
Samantha

Samantha Lovern
Samantha Lovern

Back to top Go down

Made for Martin  By, Samantha Lovern Chapter 1 & 2 Romance Empty Re: Made for Martin By, Samantha Lovern Chapter 1 & 2 Romance

Post  Vagrance Wed May 23, 2012 3:56 pm

Hi Sam:

No I didn't really find it boring. I guess I was just spouting rules there...hehe. Not sure what to make of it. I'll proceed through your story from now on, treating it as a "general" story about people's lives instead. Perhaps that will remove some inherent bias.

Vagrance

Contribution : 4568

http://www.fictionpress.com/u/375695/Vagrance

Back to top Go down

Post  Samantha Lovern Wed May 23, 2012 10:43 pm

x

Last edited by Samantha Lovern on Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Samantha Lovern
Samantha Lovern

Back to top Go down

Post  Samantha Lovern Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:48 pm

x
Samantha Lovern
Samantha Lovern

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down